“Come, look!” she cried as she came rushing through me that night while I was reviewing my notes. I didn’t even know what the hell was going on, but to my expense, alright.
She was actually referring to the beautiful sight outside the window view.
“It’s just a moon, my dear. What’s all the excitement about?” I told her as I felt the loss of excitement once I came near the window pane.
Little did she know that I felt more excited than ever, more excited than her, for seeing such a marvelous sight. That round thing in the night sky. It was a full moon. And it had the most unusual color, a color that I have never seen. Red.
But that feeling of excitement lasted only for a couple of seconds. I cherished every moment of it. It was the only thing I had that time… until I came to a full realization, that the “she” that had dragged me all the way to the window never even came to exist in the first place. It was as if she turned into air and dust upon seeing the marvelous moon. She was nothing more but a figment of my imagination.
Upon realization, tears began rolling down my face. That was one cruel night…
Date of Post: 08.18.16
Love is an open door
It will never be that
One can find loneliness in love
I approve in the saying
Love brings so much happiness
It is so wrong to say
Love will always bring hatred
And I always think that
Love can make anyone smile
One can never say that
I don’t believe in love anymore
Because I always think that
Love can make anyone smile
One can never say that
I don’t believe in love anymore
Because I always think that
Love brings joy
I am always in contradictory with the idea that
Love does not exist.
(Now make sure to read the title from right-to-left, then the poem from bottom-to-top!)
Date of Post: 03.26.14
First Edit: 03.26.14
Summary of Dystopian Love (Part 4): Previously in the “Dystopian Love”, we have witnessed that the freaky and creepy atmosphere Sheena had experience was all just but a dream. She awakens fine with Silpher still beside him in the infirmary. The nurse gives her a pill and off the two went to the library in hopes to finish their paper. In the library, Sheena sets her “rules” for him, but he obeys like a small puppy. It was around 6 in the evening when he found her asleep on his arms on one of the library couches. He moves closer to her with his lips approaching very close to hers. What will happen next?
(243) It was around six already in the evening in the library. There were still a few people left in the room because of the many requirements and papers students had to finish but the number of people in the library dropped one by one as time passes by.
(244) Sheena while reading one of the books fell asleep in Silpher’s arms in one of the library couches. He approaches her closer and closer until there was no more space for his lips to come closer but his lips didn’t touch her cheeks.
(245) He hesitated his motion, “Sweet dreams, my little angel…”
(246) She opens her eyes slowly and saw him staring at her with those round eyes.
(247) “You!” she whispers but still surprised.
(248) He just stared at her with no motion. He was silent.
(249) She immediately got up, “Wait! I can explain!”
(250) “There is no need to explain, my dear!” he explains with a lovely smile.
(251) “How about your research paper?
(252) “I can worry about it tomorrow… But for now you need to finish yours…”
(253) She hesitated. She was silent.
(254) “Yeah, you don’t need to worry about me! If you need to finish yours, do your paper now.”
(255) She was still silent.
(256) “Yeah, but if you need to rest for a moment, why don’t you close your eyes for a while and rest up!”
(257) “Rest where?”
(258) “You can rest up in my arms.”
(260) He smiles eagerly. It was a big smile.
(261) “What is it that you want???”
(264) “Oh you know what I mean!” he winks at her.
(265) “A kiss?”
(266) “If that’s what you wish!”
(267) “No way!”
(268) “But you just said…”
(269) “No! Nevermind what I said…”
(270) He looks at her expectantly.
(271) “Ok, how about a hug?”
(272) “Whatever makes you happy, my dear.”
(273) It was already 8 in the evening. There was no one else in the library except for the librarians and the lovebirds.
(274) “Ok, I’ll give you what you want and just stop bugging me now. Ok?” she asks him.
(275) “Make out?”
(276) “Heck, no!”
(277) “A kiss then?”
(278) “Oral sex? What the fuck?”
(279) “Stop swearing, dear.”
(280) “Ok, then hug it is!” she hugs him tightly. “I don’t want to lose you! Always stay by my side, ok?”
(281) He hugs her back, “I will always be here for you no matter what. We’re chained to each other right?”
(282) “Hihihi, well…”
(283) “I love you so much!”
(284) “Yes, we’re chained to each other and that I don’t want this chain to go lose anymore. I so love you too!!!” she squeals.
(285) He smiled, still hugging her tightly.
(286) She lets him lose and looks at him, “… as a friend.”
(287) He looked at her expectantly and lost his smile.
(289) “What do you mean what?”
(290) “What did you just say?”
(291) “I love you as a friend! That’s what I said. Is there a problem?”
(292) He hesitated to utter another word.
(293) “Well, I should love you as a friend because you helped me to change my own ways, to improve my attitude. This is how a girlfriend must act, must behave, towards a guy, towards my boyfriend.”
(295) “I know I have to change my own ways. Thanks for showing me the right path!” she looks at him with a smile. “And we just met! Don’t expect for me to have feelings for you already, we just met yesterday,” she giggles.
(296) He looks by her side. He was not anymore listening to her. He was all silent.
(297) “Well, it looks like I have to go now.”
(298) “Wait, what? We’re still chained to each other! You can’t go anywhere without me!”
(299) “Oh yes, I can!” she says as she bites off the chain between them.
(300) He was free. She was free. She went off the library leaving him behind. Then the lights in the library went off.
(Analysis of the short story/play will be posted soon!)
Date of Post: 03.25.14
Summary of Dystopian Love (Part 3): In the third part of the short story, we have witnessed how Sheena further behaves while being chained to a stranger, Silpher. On their way to the library, she faints in front of him. She is immediately brought to the infirmary to get some medical attention. She awakens to find out that she is all alone now, there was no one there, even Silpher wasn’t there. She is now free, although the handcuffs were dangling from her wrists. Sheena exits the infirmary to find out of the weird and irritating environment. She closes her eyes, opens them, and saw something that surprised her.
(185) “It’s all just a dream, my dear. I’m glad you’re now awake!” Silpher whispers to her.
(186) “Wait what?! What happened?” she inquires.
(187) “It’s going to be alright. You just had a nightmare!” he tries to comfort her.
(188) “You have no idea what was in that dream!” she cries. “Oh, and is this reality now? It’s good if you’re safe. I was worried there, for a minute.”
(189) “Don’t worry, I’ll just be here,” he whispers. “I was even worried more than you!”
(190) She sighed and everything was silent. They were still in the infirmary, cuffed to each other, and Sheena was sitting by the side of the bed.
(191) “Don’t worry now. I’m here and I’ve got you,” Silpher comforts her.
(192) “What time is it?” she asks him.
(193) “It’s already 4 in the afternoon… Now get up, we still have a lot of work to do,” he says.
(194) “Where are we going? It’s getting late you know!” she complaints.
(195) “Well, late or not. We’ll go to the library and finish our papers!”
(196) The nurse comes in and gives her a pill.
(197) “Here, take this. It’ll make you feel better,” the nurse tells her while she puts a brown-colored pill on her hand.
(198) “Thank you,” she says and takes the pill.
(199) “Well, we have to get going now,” he grabs the girl’s wrists and ran out the door, dragging the girl.
(200) “Thank you again!” she screams while being dragged out of the infirmary.
(201) “Hurry up, you slowpoke!” Silpher commands as if he was the boss.
(202) “Can you wait up a sec?” she cries as she stopped on her feet. Silpher haulted as well and fell on the ground.
(203) “Why didn’t you catch me?” he cries.
(204) “Why the heck am I going to catch you?” she asks firmly. “You are still just a stranger!”
(205) “Remember that time when we kissed?”
(206) “Kissed? What kissed?!”
(207) “Oh I’m sorry. You forgot. Hehehehe,” he laughs hard.
(208) “What the heck are you talking about?!” she asks while she grabbed his collar of the shirt.
(209) “Uhhh…. nevermind!” he giggles.
(210) “You better tell the truth!” she rants.
(211) “Well, while you were sleeping, I find you cute and pretty and kissed you on the lips. You didn’t feel it, no?”
(212) “YOU, WHAT?!”
(213) “No, just kidding. Hehehe, I was dreaming, eh!”
(214) She put him down and glanced by the side.
(216) “It’d better be the truth, you know? Or I’ll call the navy!” she cries.
(217) “Well, then let’s go!” he pushes her.
(218) “Wait, what?!”
(219) “Yeah, go!”
(220) “Where do you think we’re going?”
(221) “To the library, duh?!”
(222) “Oh fine, alright!”
(223) He grabs her wrist and drags her to the library. At the library, they approached this computer that was used for searching books online in the library. They call it the Online Catalog.
(224) “What’s your topic, dear?” he inquires the girl. “It’s the one which we will type in the box.”
(225) “Ok, let’s put some rules around here…” she looks at him in the eye. “First, I am not a dear. My name is Sheena and nice to meet you, thank you,” she shakes his hand.
(226) “Uhhhh… Ok, nice to meet you!” he says in a sarcastic tone, still quite eager and enthusiastic.
(227) “Secondly, I do have my own research paper. So, I’ll work with mine, including my research of topics,” she continues to look at his eyes and as a response, he nods. “And third of all, mind your own business because I know how things work around here. You have your own business. Okie dokie?”
(228) “Great, I’ll follow those rules Ma’am. Let us just see how we find the books in the library if you need to go to the left and I need to go to the right.”
(229) She hesitates. “Ok, to make things fair, I’ll do my paper today. Do yours tom. Deal?” she gives him her hand in expect to shake.
(230) Behind his mind he finds these things unfair, but his unconditional love and attraction for her allows him to be selfless in his own little ways. He let the girl win again.
(231) “Alright,” he shakes her hand and hugs her.
(232) She pushes him off, “Another rule. Don’t hug me.”
(234) “Alright,” he shrugs it off.
(235) He went with her to search for the books she needed and sat down on one of the couches.
(236) She starts to read some of the books. “I couldn’t even get what these books are saying!” she cries.
(237) “There, there. Don’t worry. You’ll get it,” he comforts and pats her back.
(238) In a little while, he saw her fell asleep while reading. She fell in his arms.
(239) “Don’t worry. I’ll take care of you,” he says while he pets her like his favorite puppy at home.
(240) It was already 6 in his watch but Silpher didn’t mind that. He just wished that she would be alright.
(241) “She looks so cute when she’s asleep. She looks like an angel!” he shows his attraction for her once again. “Too bad, you’re last rule was not to hug you… Then I’ll just kiss you once again, hehehehe…”
(242) He approached his lips further as close as possible to her soft cheeks and…
(To be continued…)
Date of Post: 03.23.14
Summary of Dystopian Love (Part 2): Part 2 of the short story reveals of the initial attitudes and behaviors our characters, Silpher and Sheena, are showing while they are handcuffed to each other. Furthermore, Silpher has a research paper to write, so is our female main character, although she preferred to eat first in the cafeteria before doing her assigned task. Silpher is patient with her and tolerates her misbehavior. At the table, Sheena gives him a chance and asks him if they could work together to finish their papers. Quickly, Silpher got up and runs towards the library dragging her along. With them continued to be chained to each other, what do you think will happen to the third part of the short story, “Dystopian Love”?
(124) “I said hold on!” Sheena squeals feeling the pain of strangled wrists.
(125) Silpher stops moving. He feels that she is in pain, in deep pain. “Are you alright?” he asks her calmly.
(126) “Me? Alright? Do you think I’m alright?” she complaints. “The cuffs are being too tight and my feet is so tired from all these walking! Do you even know where the library is? We’re going around the campus in circles!”
(127) “Yes, I know where it is! I just want to spend a little more time with you before going there!” he raised his voice.
(128) “What did you just say?” she asks with a very lowly tone.
(129) “No, what I mean was. I don’t know where the library is. Could you show me the way?” Silpher lowered his voice, quite embarrassed of what he said and of his tone.
(130) “You said something else! You wished to spend more time with me!” she teases him and sticks her tongue out.
(131) “Wait, I didn’t really mean it!” Silpher cries.
(132) “I know I’m just too beautiful that’s why other guys out there like you come to like me!” she says arrogantly. “But one thing is for sure, I’m just too good for you and that you are no match for me.”
(133) “Whatever you say, Ma’am!” he shows a convincing tone although he feels quite sad deep inside.
(134) “Well then if we’re going to do our papers together, we better get moving!” she demands while trying move forward although Silpher didn’t move a muscle after she uttered those words. Because they are chained to each other, she falls on him again while trying to move without him walking.
(135) He catches her in his arms again and asks in a down-to-earth tone, “Are you alright?”
(136) She wasn’t able to speak another word and catches him staring at her in the eyes. “What is wrong with you?!” she angrily asks him while trying to recover from her fall.
(137) “Well, Ma’am, you fell again and I just wanted to make sure you’re alright even though I still caught you,” he answers with his down-to-earth tone.
(138) She closed her eyes and soon faints. She falls on the ground.
(139) Moments later, she awakens inside the school infirmary on a queen-sized bed. She opens her eyes only to see Silpher lying down beside her.
(140) “Ewww…. why are you here?” she screams as she got up.
(141) “I’m here to make sure you are safe, my dear,” Silpher answers in a humble voice.
(142) “How did I get here in the first place? We were supposed to go to the library right?”
(143) “Well, you fainted and fell on the ground,” he explains.
(144) “How is that possible?”
(145) “I don’t know. What’s more important is that you’re safe and that you’re getting some medical attention.”
(146) Sheena hesitated to utter another word.
(147) “You know, I felt worried a minute there.”
(148) A nurse enters the room and asks the two, “Are you two alright? I heard a loud scream.”
(149) “Oh nothing, she just got surprised how we got here,” Silpher explains as he points his thumb to her.
(150) The nurse explains, “Well, according to your boyfriend…”
(151) “What?!” Sheena cried.
(152) “Oh it’s alright now. I explained it to her already what happened,” Silpher expounds.
(153) “Ok, first of all, he is not my boyfriend,” Sheena explains her side.
(154) “Woah! You don’t need to explain to me your boyfriend!” the nurse giggles as she exits the room.
(155) “Uggh!!! What is wrong with her?!” she rants.
(156) “You know, you’re not yet feeling 100% fine. You should take it easy now and rest some more.”
(157) “But what about your research paper?”
(158) “It can wait. What’s more important is for you to get better.”
(159) She breathes a sigh and goes back to sleep. Silpher lied down beside her. He faces her to see if she will be alright.
(160) In a few hours, she awakens and finds out that Silpher was gone beside him. Her right wrist were still on cuffs but Silpher’s left wrist was nowhere there because he’s gone.
(161) “Free! At last! I feel free!” she screams while she ran out of her room in the infirmary.
(162) In the infirmary’s reception, she sees no one there. There were no patients, no nurses, no doctors, no no one! Even Silpher wasn’t there! She’s afraid of what could have happened to them. She had this feeling that she was worried for Silpher as well although there’s also her feeling that she should not worry him.
(163) She ran outside the infirmary door with her handcuffs still dangling from her wrist. She saw the whole school and she felt like it was staring at her. There were no one there as well. No people! Not even the animals like birds that usually chirp beautifully were there. It was just too quiet. It felt mysterious for her.
(164) “I’m not used to this environment! Please, please, please, could everything turn back the way it was! I want the normal to return!” she knelt down and pleaded.
(165) It was too quiet that it could have been the quietest place ever known. She could even hear her blood flowing through her. The quiet atmosphere was just too stressful, too annoying, for her.
(166) “Please make it stop!” she complaints.
(167) But the environment kept becoming more and more quiet. She could not take that anymore. She needed to hear some noise!
(168) “I beg the heavens and the earth to make everything stop!” she pleads. “I couldn’t take this anymore!”
(169) But the more she screamed, the more quiet the place became.
(170) “I pledge to be a better person. Please make this stop, now!”
(171) She closed her eyes and it seemed everything went back to normal. But when she opened her eyes, she saw Silpher in front of him, so close to her face, as if they were about to kiss!
(172) “Aaaaahhhh!!!” she felt surprised and backed off.
(173) She fell on the ground and because of her full-force, Silpher also fell on her because she saw that they were chained again to each other. He fell on her face and his lips touched her lips.
(174) “Hey, babe. Your lips tasted so sweet!” he winked.
(175) “Wait, what?!” she was surprised. “What are you talking about?”
(176) She blinked and at that moment she opened her eyes, she was back again in Mr. Dela Cruz’s office, with the head for Student Discipline being there.
(177) “So, how did you enjoy your day, Ms. Rivero?” he humbly asks her.
(178) “It was terrible! I was handcuffed with this weird, nerd-looking geek, I ended up in the infirmary, the atmosphere became too quiet, and what’s worse is that a stranger guy had kissed me! It was disgusting!” she complaints.
(179) “Well, it sounded like an adventure!” Mr. Dela Cruz shows his enthusiasm.
(180) “What?! That was terrible! And if you don’t know the meaning of terrible, it’s like I was eaten by a monster from under the bed although I was eaten alive!”
(181) “That doesn’t sound terrible.”
(182) “Well, it doesn’t but… Uggh! You just don’t understand…”
(183) “I understand perfectly…” he hesitates. “Close your eyes, I’d like to surprise you with something. I’m sure you’ll like what I’ll give you!”
(184) She closes her eyes and opens them once again. She is surprised of what she saw.
(To be continued…)
Date of Post: 03.20.14
Summary of Dystopian Love (Part 1): The story reveals a setting inside a campus where Mr. Dela Cruz, the newly-appointed head for Student Discipline, is handling one of his serious cases yet – the trouble-mannered girl named Sheena. We soon meet a boy named Silpher, who decides help him in handling the situation. Mr. Dela Cruz gives the girl a punishment far greater than community service – that she was to be chained unseparably with the boy for one whole day, in hopes of improving her bad attitude. Let us see what happens next in the second part of the story, “Dystopian Love”.
(66) It was another bright and hot day, on the 7th of October for Silpher. He walks to school from a nearby dormitory, still feeling anxious of what lies ahead for that day, knowing that he has to help Mr. Dela Cruz, and a girl he just met yesterday, named Sheena. He walks inside Mr. Dela Cruz’s office, still shaky.
(67) “Relax, my boy. It’s only for one day,” Mr. Dela Cruz tells him quite calmly.
(68) Silpher remained silent and surrendered his hands to the office head, as if ready to be put to prison.
(69) Mr. Dela Cruz cuffs his left hand tightly and calls upon his troubled student, “Ms. Rivero, please come.”
(70) Sheena from behind approaches him shyly.
(71) “Please give me your right hand,” Mr. Dela Cruz quite stiff about his words, as Sheena surrenders her right hand.
(72) The girl gives a sigh and glances to the side. She tries to roll her eyes without the two seeing it. The office head also cuffs her right hand and chains it with the boy.
(73) “There. You two have fun!” he waves them while the two tries to work it out on how to get out of the office, on who opens the door, and who is supposed to go out first.
(74) “Ugggh!!! This is such a cruel punishment!” Sheena screams so loud that her voice can be heard by the person one mile from where she stands.
(75) Silpher remained silent.
(76) “Well, aren’t you gonna speak? Aren’t you gonna say something?” she pushes the boy and because they are chained, the girl fell on the boy’s arms.
(77) “Ewwww… Gross!” she cries quite disgusted about falling on him.
(78) Silpher bites his lips and says nothing. He stares at her beautiful eyes.
(79) “What the heck are you looking at?” she pushes him again and she falls again on him. He caught her again by the arms.
(80) “I feel so humiliated…” she cries as she tries to recover from her fall.
(81) Silpher gives a sigh and continued to be silent, quite mesmerized by her beauty.
(82) “Ewww… Please don’t stare at me. It’s quite annoying…” she pleads him as she puts her palm on her face.
(83) “Yes, ma’am,” the boy says in a calm manner and hesitates for a while. “Could we go to the library? I need to finish my research paper.”
(84) “We? Oh no no no.You see, I also have a paper to do but…”
(85) “Then let’s do it together!”
(86) “I don’t work with geeks, puh-lease!”she says obnoxiously. “And I wish to eat first…. You know, you could do your research paper in the cafeteria.”
(87) “But all my sources are in the library!”
(88) “The level of how I care approaches the number infinity when 1 is divided by it.”
(89) Silpher remaind silent trying to reflect on what she was trying to say.
(90) “K, that’s zero… You come with me or you come with me?”
(91) “Yes ma’am,” Silpher obeys humbly.
(92) “It’s better this way, right? You follow me so that all is well.”
(93) “I don’t know…”
(94) “Yes you do! If you and Mr. Dela Cruz will be working together to improve my behavior, you give what I want and I’ll abide for improvement.”
(95) “But I’m the only one doing all the work and Mr. Dela Cruz is not doing anything.”
(97) “I mean yes, he did something. He thought of a punishment for you but still it is still me who will be doing all the work.”
(98) “And don’t you think I don’t know that he will pay you after getting the job done? Puh-lease!”
(99) Silpher hesitated in uttering another word.
(100) “I’ll buy you a drink. What do you want?”
(101) Silpher wasn’t able to say another word.
(102) “Then soda it is,” she insists.
(103) She dragged him to the cafeteria where she bought her snack and his drink. They sat down in this fancy-looking table. They sat beside-each other because they were chained together unseperably, like they were twins.
(104) “Can you move to your right?” she asks him.
(105) “There’s no more space and we’re too unseparable. If I move, you move. If you move, I move.”
(106) She looks at him expectantly, “So you suggest to build a relationship?”
(107) “No! That’s not what I meant!”
(108) “Oh, please. The only reason you accepted this job was because of the money and the cute pretty girl?! Why are all guys like these?!”
(109) “No ma’am, you are mistaken.”
(110) “Mistaken? So you are suggesting I’m wrong?!”
(112) “I gave you a treat and this is the thanks I get?!”
(113) Silpher did not utter another word to avoid getting bigger arguments.
(114) “You are such a pain in the neck!”
(115) The boy remained silent.
(116) Sheena gives a sigh and hesitates to say another word.
(117) “Alright, let’s go to the library now and finish our papers.”
(118) He smiled but he was trying to hide it from her. He is obviously attracted to her and blushes. He was all red.
(119) “Was there something I said that made you all red?” she giggles.
(120) “Umm… no,” he panics.
(121) “Get your things and we’ll go to the library now,” she commands him.
(122) He quickly stood up and drags her out of the cafeteria.
(123) “Aw… wait, hold on. Watch it!” she pleads.
(To be continued…)
Date of Post: 03.19.14
(1) “You’re here in my office again, Ms. Rivero?”
(2) “But sir, I can explain.”
(3) “There is no need for further explanation, Ms. Rivero. I have all the necessary information.”
(4) It was a bright hot day on the 6th of October and Sheena was sent to the Office of Student Discipline once again. This was her third time in Mr. Dela Cruz’s office.
(5) “I have had it with all the troubles you have caused, Ms. Rivero,” Mr. Dela Cruz exclaims firmly, still quite pissed about the situation.
(6) “But sir, I have been trying to explain that…” Sheena still tries to explain her side but Mr. Dela Cruz, without hesitation, restrained her from uttering another word.
(7) “Shhh! Stop. I already have made up my mind,” Mr. Dela Cruz tried to be more calm with the girl. “I have decided to give you one, and one more chance. Then that will be it,” he firmly said.
(8) “Well, what do you want me to do? Another 100 hours of community service? Picking up the litters? Clearing the pathways from leaves? Stapling more papers?” Sheena cried.
(9) “No, this is not what I had in mind… I plan to teach you a lesson once and for all,” Mr. Dela Cruz hesitated because he was still into a deep thought. “Wait for me. I’ll be back in a sec!” he rushes out of his office and makes an important phone call with the secretary.
(10) He steps out of the Discipline Office to breathe in some fresh air.
(11) In ten minutes, a student walks in the office and meets up with the secretary.
(12) “So why am I being called for?” the student queries the secretary.
(13) “Mr. Tellos? Please wait for Mr. Dela Cruz in the conference room beside his office. He would like to discuss an important matter with you,” the secretary abruptly informs the student as he immediately saw him while fixing some important documents.
(14) “What am I being called for? I didn’t do anything!!!” the student cries as if he was in an intense paranoia.
(15) “You are to wait for the boss and that’s it,” the secretary quite pestered of the student’s queries.
(16) The student had no other choice. He walks in towards the conference room. It was just a small room, quite dimly lit with a small lampshade on the desk. There was a chair in front of the table and another one behind it. It seemed like a place good enough for a student-professor one-on-one Individual Consultations. Just then, Mr. Dela Cruz enters the room.
(17) “Silpher, hello!” Mr. Dela Cruz greets him enthusiastically as he closes the door.
(18) “Hello, sir. So why am I being called for? Did I do something wrong?”
(19) Mr. Dela Cruz giggled as he sat down. “You’re still that student I know way before in Philosophy class! Relax! No pressure ok?” His hesitance caused some silence. “And stop being so paranoid all the time!”
(20) There was complete silence. It was as if Mr. Tellos was quite stunned about the words uttered by his former professor.
(21) “Ok, take a seat and let me explain,” Mr. Dela Cruz stares at him, and looks him in the eye, with Silpher still quite stunned of what was happening, as if he was not able to move on from the latter thing the professor told him.
(22) “Yes, take a seat,” SIlpher continued to stare at him while taking his seat.
(23) “As you have known, I recently became the head for the Student Discipline Office. And one of my duties as head is to handle cases regarding student discipline,” Mr. Dela Cruz explains as Silpher seems to distance out. Mr. Dela Cruz glances at the study lamp, “And as my first year in the office, I have been handling many cases already, both minor cases, and major cases.” Silpher looks at him still quite puzzled about what he was trying to say. “I have a problem…”
(24) “Huh, sir what?!” Silpher inquires as if he wasn’t listening, but he actually was.
(25) “Well, I have this one serious case I’m handling…”
(26) “How serious is it?”
(27) “I need you to help me with this one.”
(28) “How can a student like me help?” Silpher ponders. “But you know I’m always willing to help my professors out!”
(29) “You are still that beadle I know. You still have it in you after all!” Mr. Dela Cruz quite happy about it.
(30) “How can I help?”
(31) “There’s this girl who has been causing a lot of trouble. Trouble, you might ask? Attitude problem!”
(32) “So how can I help this girl?” Silpher stops him there.
(33) “With this,” Mr. Dela Cruz says as he opens a secret safe behind the desk. He unlocked the safe with a special code and takes out that one item inside the small safe, handcuffs.
(34) “What is this for?”
(35) “I know this will be hard, but it’s for her own good. It might be a difficult task and that’s why I need someone like you to help me do this. You’re perfect for the job!” Mr. Dela Cruz hands him the handcuffs he was holding.
(36) Silpher takes it from his hand, still puzzled what he was supposed to do with it.
(37) “I will put your left hand on one of these cuffs and the girl’s right hand on the other cuffs. You will be chained together for a very short time, in hopes that the girl’s attitude might improve.”
(38) “What?! But how does this help her? And why choose me for this job??”
(39) “This will be for her own good as well. She must learn to adapt with different kinds of people. I’ll test it out on you first. If she doesn’t improve, I’ll find a replacement.”
(40) “Wouldn’t it be unfair that…” Silpher tries to explain.
(41) “I’m sure you’ll do well. Just give me your report on her, alright? I promise, I’ll pay you!”
(42) “How long will be chained together?”
(43) “One day perhaps. Your duty starts tom.”
(44) “But I still need to do my research paper…”
(45) “Then do it with her.”
(46) “But what if she will also do her other assignments?”
(47) “Then that’s both up to you two on how things will work out?”
(49) “Shhh. No further questions alright? I assure you, as your Philo prof, you won’t regret it.”
(50) “Then you shall meet her then? Alright, follow me in my office,” he says as he leads him to his office.
(51) Sheena was still there in his office sitting as if she was reflecting on the things she has done.
(52) “Ms. Rivero, this is Mr. Tellos,” as Mr. Dela Cruz introduces her to the guy.
(53) “Hello,” she says in a faint voice.
(54) “Mr. Tellos, this is Ms. Rivero,” Mr. Dela Cruz introduces him to the girl, with Silpher quite attracted to the beauty and charm of the girl.
(55) He was speechless. He wasn’t even able to say a ‘hi’ or a ‘hello’.
(56) “Alright, then it has been settled. Ms. Rivero, you are to be handcuffed with this guy for one whole day.”
(57) “What?! No way!!” Sheena stands from her seat quite astonished of what she has heard.
(58) “I see what you mean, sir,” Silpher whispers.
(59) “I heard that!” Sheena points to Silpher as if she was full of rage.
(60) “Now, now. It’ll only be for a day and this is also for your own good, Ms. Rivero,” Mr. Dela Cruz calms her down.
(61) “I’d rather do Community Service then!”
(62) “Nope. We stick with this.”
(63) “Ugggghhhh….” Sheena stomps her feet quite disgusted.
(64) “This will only be for a while…” Mr. Dela Cruz says as he handcuffs Mr. Tellos’ left hand with Ms. Rivero’s right hand.
(65) “It will only be for a while…”
(To be continued…)
Date of Post: 03.19.14